Best Mail Apps for Mac – Find Best Free Email Apps for Mac:
An Email Client is a software or app that allows the user to send and receive their emails without visiting its website. When you have the Best Mail App on your Mac PC, you can manage your email account(s) right from your desktop.
Email Client App is a necessary application for every individual and business organization. With a Mac PC or MacBook, you will get Apple Mail App which is one of the best mail apps. However, it has less customization and that’s why people look for the alternatives of Apple Mail App. Here we will discuss about Best Mail Apps for Mac and compare several email client apps.
Best Mail App for Mac
The List of best mail app for Mac includes three email client categories i.e. default mail app, free mail apps and paid mail apps. Here we provide the list of best mail apps for Mac as under:
|Best Mail App for Mac||Free or Paid||Price Information|
|—||Apple Mail App (Default App on Mac)||Free with Mac System||Free for Lifetime|
|01||Spark Mail App||Free
Premium Version Available
$6.39 per Active User per month
Pro Version Available
$8 per month
Pro Version Available
Refer eM Client Site
|06||Opera Mail (Discontinued by Opera)||Free||Not Applicable|
|08||Outlook (part of Office 365 Package)||Paid||Home: $9.99 per month
Personal: $6.99 per month
Apple Mail – The Best Mail App for Mac
Apple Mail App comes as default and built-in app on Mac PC and MacBook. It has many amazing features and it works perfectly on Mac computer. Apple Inc. provides Mail App for free to all the Mac and iOS devices users. You can add all your email accounts into Mail App and check your emails at one place. Whether it is iCloud, School or Work, all emails will come into Mail App on your Mac.
Apple Mail App Features and Benefits:
Apple Mail App has many amazing features that makes email task easier. Here we provide key features and benefits of Apple Mail App as follows:
- Add Personal, Business, School, Work and Other Email Accounts.
- Access all your emails without signing in to websites.
- Send, Receive and Reply to Emails.
- Attach Media and Document Files to share with your Friends.
- Use Markup with your Attachments.
- Create Folders and Sort Email to Organize them the way you want.
- Search Box provided in Mail to help you find any email by sender name, subject or attachment.
- Mac OS gives ease to use Emojis and Symbols in Mail App.
- Compatible with Mac Continuity Feature.
Limitations of Apple Mail App:
Apple Mail App is great for day to day use and most Mac users prefer Mail over other apps. But Mail App also has some limitations which make you think about its alternatives.
- It does not provide Smart Folder feature that works on the basis of user’s action.
- It does not provide free form labels and flexible message templates.
Thus, Apple Mail is great in its own way and advisable for Mac users who don’t need much customization in their email client app.
Best Free Mail Apps for Mac
01. Spark Mail App
Spark is an email app developed by Readdle. It is one of the smartest email client for Mac. Spark Mail App is compatible to use with iCloud. You just need to turn on two-factor authentication to connect Spark with iCloud on Mac. The Spark Mail provides Snooze Email option that works as a reminder for you to reply an important email at a specific time. You can use Spark Mail App for free and use its 5 GB Online Storage.
Spark Mail App Features and Benefits
- It is easy to use and has simple setup & configuration.
- Smart Inbox shows you what you want and cleans up the rest.
- It has Smart Search that allows you to find any email with natural language search option.
- It offers 2 Active Collaborators, 5 Email Templates per team and 10 Email Delegation per team.
- It provides Standard Link Sharing and Standard Support to Spark Mail App Users.
- 5 GB Storage Space is more than enough for Single User or Team of Two Persons.
- FastCompany says: “It is the combination of polish, simplicity and depth.”
- It has won Editor’s Choice Award and Rated by Apple.
Limitations of Spark Mail App
- Big Business Team requires more space. So they have to buy Spark Mail Premium which charges $6.39 per active user per month.
- It does not show email count label on folder after the number of emails crosses 1000 mark.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free open source email client. It is developed by Mozilla Foundation for Mac OS, FreeBSD, Windows and Linux Operating System. It comes as a pre-installed mail app on Ubuntu computer system. Thunderbird can be used as an email client, chat client, feed reader and news client. It is available in 56 popular languages of the world.
Mozilla Thunderbird Features and Benefits
- Easy to Start and Quick Setup with Your name, Email address and Password.
- It has Star symbol in received email messages. Press One Click on Star to add the sender to your Address Book. Give Two Clicks to enter more info about this contact.
- It offers Personalized Email Address, you can sign up and create your own new email for family or business. For example: “[email protected].”
- It comes with attachment reminder. It reminds you when you mention attach or file word in message and attempt to send email without adding the attachment.
- Tabbed Email feature makes it look like Firefox Browser and provides easy switching between two emails/tabs.
Limitations of Mozilla Thunderbird
In 2012, Mozilla Foundation dropped the priority to develop Thunderbird. Now it provides Thunderbird updates for extended support releases as well as security and maintenance. Here we provide some other limitations of Thunderbird as under:
- Its design and looks are very basic.
- It is a good option for people who are looking for a free, simple email client for Mac. It’s not for those who want advanced features and smart email management.
Mailspring is an open source and extensible email client app for Mac. It is popular for its unified inbox and advance level features. The Mailspring Mail App provides easy and quick translation in your draft. Whether the email language is Russian, Spanish, Chinese or any other, Mailspring will instantly translate it to English. As a result, Mailspring saves your time and gives everything you need in an email client app.
Mailspring Features and Benefits
- Its Unified Inbox allows to you to check & view new email messages of all accounts into one inbox.
- It allows you to add multiple email accounts with IMAP and Office 365.
- You can search an email by sender name, subject or message content with help of Mailspring Advanced Search feature.
- You can create a custom signature that is added to every email you send or reply to your contacts.
- It automatically detects the language you type and also checks spellings for that language.
Limitations of Mailspring
Mailspring offers more smart features, but they are available with pro version only. Mailspring Pro is chargeable at $8 per month.
- Read Receipts and Live Tracking Features are provided only to Mailspring Pro Users.
- You cannot use Mailspring Mail App (Email Client) without creating a Mailspring ID/Account.
SeaMonkey is a free internet application suite of Mozilla Foundation. It is developed by the SeaMonkey Council to provide various services in one software. The SeaMonkey is an all-in-one project that includes Web-browser, Advanced Email Client, IRC Chat, HTML Editing and Newsgroup & Feed Client. So you can complete all your tasks with just one app called the SeaMonkey Project.
SeaMonkey Features and Benefits
- It is available in 26 different languages for Linux, Windows and Mac OS.
- Multiple Accounts Support provide all your email account at one place i.e. SeaMonkey App.
- It has Sync option that allows you to keep browsing history, passwords and bookmarks in sync across different computer devices.
- Tabbed browsing lets you work on more than one task at a time and it also has Undo Close Tab if you’ve mistakenly closed a tab.
- With help of Add-on Management, you can use a lot of extensions and also create your own extensions for yourself and provide them to other SeaMonkey users.
- Junk Mail Control keeps you safe from spammers.
- Use customizable tags and mail views to manage your email priorities.
Limitations of SeaMonkey
- The SeaMonkey App has slow starting speed. It takes more time in setting up compared to other email clients.
- It latest version SeaMonkey 2.49.4 is available in 20 languages only. It means, 6 languages are removed with new update.
05. eM Client
eM Client is a user-friendly mail app for Mac PC and Windows computer. It is developed as an alternative of existing email client apps. For single device user, eM Client is available for free. However, single user can enjoy more features by upgrading to eM Client Pro. As you buy eM Client for more devices, you will get more discount in its purchase price.
eM Client Features and Benefits
- It is a combination of email client, calendar, tasks, contact and chat service.
- It supports all email technologies i.e. SMTP, Exchange, IMAP, POP3, Office 365 and many more.
- Experience a Cleaner Inbox with Conversation View that merges your messages into groups.
- PGP Encryption makes your sent emails secure over internet.
- Delayed Send option allows you to schedule emails for upcoming hours/days when you are busy with other work.
- eM Client Pro Version is available with One Time Fee, there is not annual/monthly subscription or rent to use it. It also offers Unconditional 30 Day Money-back Guarantee.
Limitations of eM Client
- eM Client does not provide “Auto Reply Message” feature in basic package.
- It does not have enough options to manage IMAP Folders compared to other email clients.
- Sometimes it show syncing errors that may delay of receiving new email messages.
06. Opera Mail
Opera Mail is a lightweight and customizable email client. It was an integrated part of Opera Browser App up to 2013. Thereafter, Opera Software make the browser and email client separate from each other. The Opera Mail 1.0 was launched in 2013 for Mac OS, Windows and other operating systems.
Opera Mail 1.0 was launched in 2013 and the last stable update was released in February 2016. It has been more than three years and the Opera Mail has not received any update for bug fixes, feature improvements or security. Moreover, the Opera Mail is no longer available to download on Opera Software Website. That’s why we don’t recommend Opera Mail until the company provides a new update. If you still want to download/install Opera Mail then use it at your own risk.
Best Paid Mail Apps for Mac
Airmail is a great looking email client for Mac and iOS devices. It is originally based on the earlier email service called Sparrow Client. The Airmail App is written in Objective-C, C++ and it is available in more than 30 languages. In 2013, Apple Inc. mentioned that Airmail is great in looks but it has some annoying quirks (features). But the Airmail has improved its email client so much that Airmail 3 has won Apple Design Award in 2017.
Airmail App Features and Benefits
- It supports everything you need i.e. iCloud, Gmail, Google Apps, MS Exchange, Yahoo!, AOL, POP3, IMAP, Outlook.com and Live.com.
- It is designed for powerful performance and consistent email service to iPhone and Mac Users.
- It has quick and easy to use interface with various modern features for customization.
- Airmail provides Spotlight support and Improved Search to help you find your email(s) in seconds.
- It offers unified inbox, import from Apple Mail, iCloud account sync and attachment upload.
- It has Handoff support that allows you to switch your email task among your Mac, iPhone and other iOS devices.
Limitations of Airmail
- Airmail is a paid mail app for Mac and iOS devices. Its purchase price is $26.99.
- Airmail 3 does not allow the user to turn off auto creation of labels.
Outlook is a good alternative of Apple Mail App. You need Office 365 or similar software to manage document and presentation files. If you are already using Office 365 then Outlook is a part of that program. It is developed by Microsoft Corporation and it’s available for Windows, Android, iOS, Mac and many other devices.
Outlook Features and Benefits
- It has Focused Inbox that allows you to add important emails in that category and pay more attention on them.
- In the email body where you type message, you can mention the name of a person, event or anything important. For example: My humble invite to @JakeWoris for Next Meeting at Howe’s Hotel.
- It has Quick Swipe Actions for Archive, Delete and Schedule Emails.
- With advance level search feature, you can find emails, file, contacts and everything else in one click.
- Turn On Delivery Receipt and Read Receipt features to know when your email is delivered and when the recipient has read it.
- All events and travel trips details are automatically added to your calendar.
Limitations of Outlook
- Outlook is paid email client. You have to pay for using it on Mac.
- You must buy & subscribe for Office 365, only then you can download & install Outlook on your Mac PC.
All the information given above about Best Mail Apps for Mac is true and fair. Various email client apps mentioned here work great on Mac. You should select the mail app on the basis of your use. If you don’t have much use then choose a free mail app otherwise buy a paid mail app and enjoy smart email features on your Mac.