Best ways to Fix Bluetooth Not Available on Mac – Hot to Fix Bluetooth Not Available Issue on MacBook:
Mac OS is one of the most used computer systems in United States. Mac System provides many features and it also has some errors. Bluetooth Not Available on Mac is one of the most annoying errors that user faces. When you face the issue Bluetooth Not Available Mac Sierra, you need to find a solution to fix the error. Because this error does not allow you to connect your Bluetooth devices to Mac.
Importance of Bluetooth on Mac
The Bluetooth feature is very important in Mac System. It allows you to connect various devices to your Mac. You can connect your Bluetooth Headset, Headphone, Earphone, Speaker and Bluetooth Printer to Mac. In addition, you can create a wireless connection between your Mac and iPhone by using their WiFi and Bluetooth features.
Best Ways to Fix Bluetooth Not Available on Mac
When Bluetooth is not available on Mac Sierra, you cannot connect your Mac with any Bluetooth device. The Bluetooth Not Available error appears in Bluetooth Menu, System Preference Panel and System Profiler Utility on Mac. If you are looking for a solution of “Bluetooth not available Mac then you have reached the right place. Here we provide some best techniques to fix Bluetooth Not Available issue on Mac System.
- Delete .plist files and Shutdown Mac
- Reset SMC on Mac
- Reset PRAM/NVRAM on Mac
- Reset the Bluetooth Module
Let us discuss all the above techniques to fix Bluetooth not available Mac Sierra in detail.
01. Delete .plist files and Shutdown Mac
The Mac System creates .plist file for Bluetooth in Library/Preferences folder. So you can fix the Bluetooth Not Available on Mac issue by deleting the .plist files. If you want to know how to do it, kindly follow the procedure mentioned below:
01. On your Mac Desktop, open Finder and select “Go” menu.
02. Navigate to “Go to folder” option and click on it.
03. Type the path as /Library/Preferences/ and press Go button.
04. In Preferences folder, find out .plist files with Bluetooth in their names.
05. You may find com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and com.apple.Bluetooth.plist.lockfile.
06. Delete all the files named com.apple.Bluetooth.plist by choosing “move to trash” option.
07. Close all apps and Shutdown your Mac System. (Don’t Restart, just Shutdown.)
08. Turn On your Mac System after sometime and try to connect your Bluetooth device to Mac.
After your Mac System is turned on again, you should check if the “Bluetooth Not Available” dialogue is gone. If it’s gone then the issue is fixed, your Mac Bluetooth should function normally and get easily connected to other Bluetooth devices. In case the Bluetooth is still not available on Mac, you should try our next method.
02. Reset SMC on Mac
System Management Controller (SMC) is an important part of Mac computer. The SMC takes care of various low level functions such as battery management, thermal management and many others. If you have “Bluetooth Not Available” issue on Mac, you should reset SMC to fix the problem. Here we provide step by step procedure to reset SMC on Mac as follows:
Steps to Reset SMC on Mac Notebook (MacBook):
If Battery is Removable…
- Shutdown your Mac System.
- Remove the battery from your Mac Notebook.
- Press and hold the Power button for 5 seconds.
- Reinstall the battery into your Mac Notebook.
- Press the Power button again to turn on your Mac System.
If Battery is Non-Removable…
01. Open Apple Menu and select “Shutdown” option.
02. After your Mac shuts down, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard, then press the power button at the same time.
03. Hold these 3 keys and the power button for 10 seconds. (If you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button.)
04. Release all keys.
05. Press the Power button again to turn on your Mac System.
If you have Mac Desktop PC…
- Open Apple Menu and click on “Shutdown” option.
- After your Mac PC shuts down, unplug the power cord.
- Don’t do anything for at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Press the Power button to turn on your Mac PC System.
As your Mac System turns on again, the Reset SMC Process is finished. Now the “Bluetooth Not Available” issue should be resolved. You should check the Bluetooth on your Mac and try to connect your BT device with your Mac System.
03. Reset PRAM on Mac [Reset NVRAM on Mac]
Mac Sound Volume, Display Resolution, Start up Disk Selection, Time Zone etc. settings are stored on PRAM/NVRAM. You can also fix the Bluetooth not available on Mac by resetting the PRAM or NVRAM. The PRAM/NVRAM stores the settings which are used before the OS X is loaded on Mac System.
PRAM or NVRAM stores a small amount of memory on your Mac System. PRAM stands for Parameter Random Access Memory and NVRAM stands for Nonvolatile Random Access Memory. Both of them store same information and the procedure to reset them is also same.
Steps to Reset PRAM/NVRAM on Mac:
- Shutdown your Mac System.
- Press the Power button to turn on the Mac System again and immediately press these four keys simultaneously: Option-Command-P-R.
- Hold all the four keys for at least 20 seconds.
- Release all the keys at the same time.
- Your PRAM/NVRAM has been successfully Reset.
Once the PRAM/NVRAM is reset, check the Bluetooth feature on your Mac. It should start working properly now. Turn on Bluetooth on your Mac System and connect it to one of your Bluetooth devices.
04. Reset the Bluetooth Module
This is one of the most effective methods to fix Bluetooth Not Available on Mac in less than 2 minutes. If your Bluetooth problem is still there after resetting PRAM/NVRAM then you should try this one. Just reset the Bluetooth module and fix all your Bluetooth related issues on Mac System. Kindly follow the steps given below to reset the Bluetooth module on Mac:
Steps to Reset the Bluetooth Module on Mac:
01. Press and hold the Shift and Option keys.
02. Open Bluetooth Menu on your Mac desktop.
03. Navigate to “Debug” option.
04. Choose “Reset the Bluetooth Module” option.
05. Finally Restart your Mac System.
After the Reset of Bluetooth Module, you should try to use Bluetooth on your Mac. It should start working as usual otherwise there must be some serious issue.
Contact Apple Support and Visit Apple Service Center
We have discussed four easiest methods to fix Bluetooth not available issue on Mac System. If all methods could not fix the Bluetooth issue then your Mac System needs a repair. It must have some hardware or other problem which will be repaired by the Apple Service Center.
You should visit the Apple Support Website and Go to Apple Service Center to get your Mac repaired soon. You can also talk to or chat with Apple Support Executive to discuss the Bluetooth Not Available on Mac issue. The Apple Executive will give you all necessary information about repairing your Mac at nearby Apple Service Center.
All the information given above about 4 Best Ways to Fix Bluetooth Not Available on Mac is true and fair. The methods we have shared here are based on our experiment to fix Bluetooth issue on several Mac computers. For more queries regarding how to fix Bluetooth not available Mac Sierra, kindly contact the Apple Helpline Number at 1-800-MY-APPLE (800-692-7753) or visit Apple Support Website at support.apple.com.