Air Pods are one of useful thing invented by Apple for making better and convenient usage. Air pods makes it easier to receive calls, listen music without taking out phone from pocket/ purse. As well, you can also access Siri from your air pods. However, there are also few problems with air pods and one of them is Air pods connected but sound coming from Phone.
If Air pods have stopped playing sound even if it is connected to device, then you are at appropriate site. There are some reason behind that sound error which we consider in this article. Here, We are providing solutions of Air Pods connected but sound coming from Phone issue. You can try any of this method until your Air Pods starts to play sound instead of phone.
Reasons Why Air pods connected but sound coming from Phone :
There must be some reason behind air pods connected but sound coming from phone. So, let’s just take a look on the reasons why the sound error is occurred.
- There might be glitch.
- There can be network error.
- When Other Bluetooth device is connected to your iPhone.
- There may be dirt or earwax may entangled.
when Air pods connected but sound coming from Phone :
You should keep some of things clear in mind before trying any method for fixing sound error. Following are that easy and useful hacks that are mostly able to fix the sound error of air pods.
Ensure that Air pods have enough charge :
When you are facing sound coming from phone error, once check that air pods have enough charge or not. Because, if the air pods have low power, you can’t expect sound from them. So, you should also try this air pods charging heck once. For this, you just need to place air pods in its case for few hours continuously. Then try again to connect them with iPhone and check error is still exist or not.
Restart Paired Device :
You should restart your paired device that is connected with air pods. So, just restart your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch or any other device and try to reconnect it with air pods. Sometimes, just restarting connected device can resolve the sound error. Thus, you can also try this tiny and less time consuming heck.
Ensure that air pods are connected with your device :
Many users connect their Bluetooth connection with external speakers or other Bluetooth headphones. So, if you are also one of them, then you should first disconnect iPhone from all other connections. After that, try to reconnect air pods with iPhone. Just go to the Bluetooth menu from main settings and make sure that air pods connected with your device. Because connecting your iPhone with many other connection besides air pods, can also be responsible for sound issue.
Clean your air pods :
You should keep your air pods clean after using it on regular basis for few months. As, the dirt or debris can also obstruct the sound sometimes. So, if you have not cleaned your air pods from long time, then you should do clean them firstly before using.
For cleaning Air pods, you can use soft or lint-free material. And you can also use cotton bud for clearing dirt from joints and spaces of air pods. Hence, be careful while cleaning air pods, as the minor mistake while cleaning can result into damage.
How to Fix: Air pods connected but sound coming from Phone :
Here, we are going to discuss all the methods that are useful for fixing the error. We expect that any one of these methods will surely fix Air Pods Connected but Sound coming from Phone issue.
Method A- Reset Bluetooth :
This one is the quickest fix way when Air pods connected but sound coming from Phone. When the sound come from phone, first of all you should reset your device’s Bluetooth. For resetting Bluetooth, follow the steps given below.
- Go to Settings and select Bluetooth.
- Toggle Bluetooth off and wait for a while.
- Then toggle Bluetooth on again.
- Reconnect your air pods and check that sound error is still remained or not.
If the sound error still remains. then you can repeat the whole process again and again. After doing this process many times, if sound error remains then you should try another method.
Method B- Reset Air pods :
This method is also useful for fixing Air pods connected but sound coming from Phone error. You should go through following steps for resetting Air Pods.
- Go to settings.
- Then select Bluetooth.
- Tap on information icon given next to your air pods option.
- Choose forget this device option.
- This will disconnect the air pods connection from your device.
Now, resync the air pods with your iPhone, iPad or other apple device. Following are the steps for re-pairing your air pods.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is ON of your device to which you want to connect air pods.
- Put Air Pods in the charging case and open the lid.
- Press and hold the button on the back side of air pods to turn on air pods.
- Tap on connect option for pairing air pods with your device when it appears on Bluetooth connection option.
- Then it took few seconds to connect with your device. And then check that sound error is resolved or not.
Method C- Reset iPhone :
You can reset your iPhone first and then try to reconnect it with air pods. There are two ways to reset your iPhone. The first one way is very easy by just switching off the device. And the second way of resetting iPhone is as follows. This second resetting method will remove all the previous connections from your iPhone.
- Go to settings.
- Scroll down to General option.
- Select Reset option from the bottom side.
- Choose the Reset Network settings option.
Method D- Update iPhone Software :
You can also update your iPhone software if the air pods still not connect properly. For updating iPhone software, you can go through following steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on General option.
- Then choose Software update from the top section.
- Select Automatic Updates.
- Toggle Download iOS software and install iOS updates.
- After that, select back and checkout if there is any update available.
- If update is available then select Install Now button.
Method E- Turn off Automatic Ear Detection :
Air pods have built in feature of sensing when you put them in ears. Turn off Automatic ear detection option from your iPhone or iPad. Sometimes, this method also fix the sound error of air pods so you can try it.
- Open Settings menu.
- Click on Bluetooth setting.
- Choose Air pods option.
- Then scroll down and turn toggle Automatic Ear Detection OFF.
If the sound coming from phone issue is fixed with this method, You can turn on automatic ear detection again.
Method F- Check Volume Limit :
There is a setting in your iPhone device to set maximum and minimum level of volume. This setting is also named as Maximum level setting. It may be possible that you have set volume level too low which can be responsible for the sound error.
- Go to Settings.
- Find out Music Option and click on it.
- Then move ahead to Volume Limit option.
- After that, turn off volume to get maximum volume.
Method G- Remove Audio Balance :
You can also remove audio balance and set it to the middle for maintaining volume balance. This may fix Air pods connected but sound coming from iPhone error. Thus, for removing audio balance, you should pass through steps given below.
- Go to Settings.
- Then tap on Accessibility Option.
- Choose Audio/Visual.
- Choose balance left or right.
- Slide the scale until it reaches perfectly between L and R.
Final Words :
We hope that the above given methods and tricks will surely help you to connect air pods properly. In case, if any of above methods don’t work for you, then don’t worry much about that issue. You can visit nearest Apple service centre and ask the professional to fix sound error of your air pods.