How to Fix No Service Issue on iPhone – What to do when iPhone Says No Service:
When you insert SIM Card in your iPhone, you need to set up its carrier settings. The users changing from Android to iPhone are unaware about this procedure. Therefore they face the issue of No Service or Searching Network on iPhone. However, it is not necessary that No Service Issue arises only to first time iPhone users, it also happens randomly with regular iPhone users. Here we are going to discuss about how to fix No Service Issue on iPhone with some simple techniques.
Why Your iPhone Says No Service or Searching…
No Service issue may happen because of many different reasons. If your network carrier has outage schedule today then you don’t need to do anything to fix the issue. Because No Service is actual status of your network provider and you will get your iPhone Network back when they end the outage. Here we provide some specific reasons for happening of No Service problem on iPhone and iPad devices.
- New SIM Card inserted for the first time.
- Carrier Settings require to be Updated.
- iOS is not up to date.
- Network Settings are changed by the user.
- Network Operator Coverage has a scheduled outage.
- Network Signal is not available at current location.
- Your SIM Card/Service is disabled by Network Operator.
- Your Phone Bills are Not Paid.
How to Fix No Service Issue on iPhone
iPhone Says No Service is one of the most annoying problem for every iPhone user. As we know there are many reasons for this issue and therefore only you can find what’s your reason for No Service on iPhone. After knowing the reason, you should move towards the solution. We have conducted a research to get some best ways to fix No Service issue on iPhone. Let us discuss the simple techniques to solve the issue of No Service on iPhone XS, XR, X, 8, 7 Plus, 7, iPhone 6s and earlier models.
Read Also:- How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac
01. Restart iPhone Device
When you see there is No Service on your iPhone, it’s advisable to perform a restart. In order to restart your iPhone, you need to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
Restart iPhone X and newer iPhones:
- Press and hold the side button and volume up or down button.
- Keep holding both buttons until you see Power Off Slider on your iPhone screen.
- Drag the Slider to turn the iPhone completely off.
- After your device turns off, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo on screen.
Restart iPhone 8 and older iPhones:
- Press and hold the top or side button until the Power Off Slider appears on screen.
- Drag the Slider to turn off your iPhone. Wait till it’s completely turned off.
- Press and hold the top or side button again to start your iPhone.
- Leave the top/side button as you see the Apple logo on your iPhone screen.
Check your iPhone Network Signal after restarting your iPhone. If the network service is there then your problem is fixed other wise you should try some other method.
02. Take Out SIM Card and Insert It Again
Your iPhone shows No Service, because the SIM is either damaged or invalid. You should take out the SIM Card by opening the SIM Tray on your iPhone. Just check if the SIM Card is damaged, go to your network operator store and buy a New SIM with same number. If you have recently changed from other phone to iPhone, make sure the SIM is compatible with iPhone.
You can contact your network operator to confirm that the SIM is supported on iPhone device. In case the SIM Card doesn’t fit the SIM tray, maybe you are using a bigger SIM chip. Read the iPhone user manual to know about what type of SIM Card you can use and how to insert it properly into the iPhone. After the SIM is out from iPhone, check it and insert it again to see if the No Service issue on iPhone is solved.
Read Also:- How to Fix iPhone Messages Disappeared
03. Reset Network Settings
iPhone Network Settings are very important. They include settings related to Cellular Data, Network Carrier, WiFi Passwords, APN and VPN Settings. When you accidentally change some network settings, you may face No Service problem on your iPhone. We will guide you about how to fix No Service issue on iPhone with Reset Network Settings procedure. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to Reset Network Settings on your iPhone device.
- On your iPhone, tap on “Settings” icon to open settings.
- Select “General” tab to open general settings.
- Navigate to “Reset” tab and select it.
- Click on “Reset Network Settings” option.
- Confirm your action to Reset and wait till the process is done.
Your iPhone will reset network settings and the device will restart automatically. You should wait for a few moments to check if No Service Issue is gone or still there in your iPhone.
04. Update Carrier Settings on iPhone
On Android devices, the carrier settings are automatic set. On the other hand, iPhone settings are different. The user requires to update carrier settings as and when an update is available. Outdated carrier settings may lead to No Service Issue on iPhone. Therefore we recommend you to update carrier settings on your iPhone to fix the No Service problem. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below:
01. Go to iPhone Settings.
02. Select “General” tab and click on “About” option.
03. If an update is available, it will show up as update carrier settings.
04. Tap on update option to update your carrier settings on iPhone.
Just restart your iPhone after updating carrier settings. We hope the No Service Issue is fixed on your iPhone and now it shows the network signal as well as cellular data.
05. Cellular Update Failed on iPhone
Updating Carrier Settings will help to resolve no service issue on iPhone. But what will you do if the Cellular Update is failed on your iPhone? This is a typical situation when your iPhone says no service with a dialogue “Your iPhone cannot make and receive calls or access cellular data until it has been updated.” We have worked hard to find how to fix cellular updated failed on iPhone issue at home. In such circumstances, you need to update your iPhone from iTunes on Mac computer or Windows PC.
Before you begin the process to Update iPhone from iTunes, make sure you have a backup of your iPhone data.
01. Connect your iPhone with Mac Computer (with macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later) with help of USB Cable.
02. If your iPhone screen shows up “Trust this computer?” dialogue, choose “trust” option.
03. Launch iTunes App and select your device displayed as phone icon at top.
04. Select “Summary” and click on Command-Check for Update.
05. iTunes will download and install current iOS version on your iPhone.
06. Don’t disconnect your iPhone from Mac until the download process completes.
After the iOS is installed, you should unplug iPhone from Mac computer. As your iPhone starts normally, it will soon show network signal and cellular data service on screen. So the No Service Issue on iPhone is fixed by updating iPhone from iTunes on Mac.
06. Update iOS on iPhone
Apple Inc. provides regular iOS updates for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. You should keep your device iOS up to date to get better functioning and latest security updates. You can also fix no service issue on iPhone by updating its iOS right from the device settings. Here we provide the easiest steps to update iPhone as follows:
01. Make sure your iPhone is connected to a High Speed WiFi Network.
02. Go to iPhone Settings and select “General” tab.
03. Click on “Software Update” option.
04. Check if an iOS Update is available.
05. Tap on “Download and Install” to begin the process.
06. After New iOS Update is downloaded, tap on “Update Now.”
07. Wait till the New iOS Update is installed on your iPhone.
After the iOS is updated, you should check the network signal and cellular data on your iPhone. If both the features are active then the No Service issue on iPhone is resolved by updating iOS version.
07. Get Apple Support
This is the final step, you should get Apple Support when none of the methods can fix No Service issue on your iPhone. Apple Support is available for its customers through Helpline Number, Email, Live Chat and at Apple Repair Service Centers. You should visit Getsupport.Apple.Com or go to Find nearby Apple Service Center when your iPhone says No Service or Searching Network.
<<Some Common Issues for No Service on iPhone>>
[I] Network Outage in Your Area
Network Operator has area wise outage schedules for upgrading network coverage and signal power. If your iPhone says No Service because of network outage then there’s no problem in your iPhone. You cannot resolve it as the network service is shutdown on temporary basis. All you can do is wait for the outage period to get over and the Network Signal will be back on your iPhone device.
[II] Network Service Disabled due to Outstanding Bills
Postpaid SIM users often miss the bill due date. The network provider gives several days extension for bill payment. In case you have forgotten to pay your bills then it’s possible that your iPhone network service is disabled by your SIM operator. In such circumstances, you must pay your postpaid bill and other charges to activate your SIM Card again.
[III] You are in Remote Area/Location
It is possible that you are out of town where the network signal does not exist. No network coverage happens at some hill stations, high mountains and other remote locations. If you are on a holiday picnic for two-three days then forget the network and enjoy the time with your loved ones. Because the network is not available there and it will be back in your iPhone when you will return from remote location and enter the city area.
[IV] iPhone has Network, but No Cellular Data
Sometimes your iPhone has full network signal, but it doesn’t allow you to use cellular data. This can happen because you may not have internet settings on your iPhone. It can also happen because Internet Data Service is temporarily off on your network. You may face this issue while travelling when Data Roaming is Off in your iPhone Settings. So you need to set up internet settings and turn on data roaming to fix No Cellular Data Issue on your iPhone.
All the information mentioned above about How to Fix No Service Issue on iPhone is true and fair. The methods we have shared here are working based on the circumstances of the user and iPhone device. In case you have more queries regarding what to do when iPhone says No Service, kindly contact the Apple Helpline Number at 1-800-MY-APPLE (800-692-7753) or visit Apple Support Website at support.apple.com.
4 thoughts on “How to Fix No Service Issue on iPhone”
Comments are closed.