What if you are really busy completing your work on Mac and if the dictionary keeps popping up on your screen? Quite annoying right? I would totally get frustrating if this happens to me.
Some users find this issue when they type or use the mouse on their Mac. The issue occurs when you are working on your Mac and suddenly the Dictionary pops up on the Mac screen and they keep appearing after turning it off.
Now, you may be wondering why my dictionary is keep popping up and won’t turn off even after closing it? Many Mac users have faced this problem while using Mac but, you don’t need to worry about that.
The solution is pretty simple. Today, I am going to show you how you can actually turn off Dictionary on Mac. If you are also facing this annoying issue then stick with me to find out the reason.
How do I turn off dictionary on MacBook?
- Click the Apple icon on the top left side of the Mac screen.
- Select the System Preferences option.
- In the menu on the left, click Services.
- Scroll down a little till you find Lookup in a dictionary.
- Disable that.
How do I turn off dictionary pop ups on Mac:
What you have to do is uncheck an option in the trackpad setting.
- Find the Apple icon on the top left corner of your Mac and click on it, and then select System Preferences.
- From the following options, click on the Trackpad icon.
- Under the Point & Click tab, uncheck the Lookup & data detectors option.
What happens is maybe you have mistakenly checked the option of the dictionary, after turning it off it will not appear anymore.
And that’s all you have to do to turn off this annoying dictionary. Now, you can freely turn off the dictionary and work without disturbance. The solution is pretty easy, right? Hopefully, these tips help you to solve your problem.