how to make a check mark on mac: A tick mark or check mark is a useful symbol in various documents. When you are preparing a document, application form or presentation, you need to add a check mark symbol to it. But you don’t know how to type a check mark on Mac to complete your work.
The Mac computers offer a variety of special features which make your everyday work easier and faster. However, most Mac users don’t know how to type a check mark in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and other apps of Mac.
How to Type a Check Mark on Mac
In order to add or type a check mark on Mac computer, you should read this entire article. Because we are going to explain all the methods to type a tick mark on Mac so that you can use it as and when required in future.
#1. Use the Keyboard Shortcut to Type Check Mark on Mac
You can use the keyboard shortcut as “Option+V” or “Alt+V” to insert a tick mark (or check mark) on your Mac computer. It is the most useful and fastest way to type a check mark on Mac to complete your work and move to another task.
Many experts have mentioned this shortcut technique to save your valuable time. You are preparing a document on Mac and you don’t have much time. You just want to type a check mark on Mac to finish your work as quick as possible.
>Note: The keyboard shortcut mentioned above is actually types a “square-root” √ symbol. Although you can notice it only when you see it properly, but we must inform you that it is not the actual check mark symbol. If you want to type a check mark on Mac with real check/tick symbol then you should refer our next method.
#2. Insert Check Mark from Emoji & Symbols on Mac
The MacOS provides various emoji and symbols which you can use in your typing work. The collection of emoji and symbols is huge and it also contains some symbols of check mark that we are going to discuss here.
The check mark you can find from Emoji and Symbols is genuine and not like the square-root symbol we have seen in method 1. In order to type a check mark on Mac, you need to open Emoji & Symbols list, but before that, you should check the keyboard settings on your Mac system.
Now, we are going to explain how to check and change (if required) the keyboard settings on Mac and then insert a check mark in your document or form or presentation.
Steps to Insert Check Mark on Mac from Emoji & Symbols:
01. On your Mac computer, go to the top and click on Apple Menu.
02. Select “System Preferences” to open them.
03. A new window will appear on your Mac screen. Here you should click on “Keyboard” to open keyboard settings.
04. In keyboard settings, under keyboard tab, make sure that the option “Show Keyboard, Emoji, & Symbol Viewers in Menu Bar” is marked with ✔ symbol.
05. Thereafter close the window and check the menu bar (of your concerned program) to see if the symbols toolbar is appearing on it.
06. If it is not appearing then you should open finder and click on Edit menu.
07. Click on “Emoji & Symbols” option to open a pop-up window showing emojis, symbols etc..
08. Type “check” in the search bar to search all check mark symbols.
09. Double click on your desired check mark symbol to insert it in your desired document or page.
In this way, you can type a check mark on Mac with help of Emoji & Symbols option.
#3. Type Check Mark in Microsoft Office on Mac
The Microsoft Office is designed for both the Microsoft Windows and Mac operating system. The latest MS Office version for Mac is Microsoft 365 which offers many smart features and ease of use.
The Microsoft Office comes with an in-built option where you can insert a variety of symbols and special characters in your document. But some Mac users told us that they cannot find the check mark from the huge symbol collection in Office Word program. Therefore we have decided to help you find the check mark in MS Office.
Steps to Type a Check Mark in MS Office on Mac:
To type a check mark in MS Office on Mac, you need to open one of the MS office programs. For example: We will explain this method considering that you are working in MS Word program on your Mac device.
01. In MS Word on your Mac, find out “Insert” tab and click on it.
02. Among all insert options, you will find “Symbols”, click on it and select “more symbols” if required.
03. A small window will appear with the list along with two tabs of symbols and special characters.
04. Under Symbols tab, you should select “Wingdings” in the Font section.
05. Now, scroll down to find out two check mark symbols in the last row of list.
06. Here you will get one simple check mark and other check mark inside a square box.
07. Select your desired check mark and click on “Insert” button to insert it in your document on Mac.
#4. Insert Check Mark from Bullets in Office Documents on Mac
When you are preparing an essay or other document, you need to use bullets and numbers. They help to create better presentation of your work. Sometimes, you need to insert several check marks (or tick marks) in place of bullets or numbers.
Some Mac users don’t know if they can insert check marks as bullets in their documents. The answer is yes, you can insert check marks same as bullets or numbers. Here we provide the simple technique to do it.
Steps to insert check mark from bullets in Office Documents on Mac:
01. In your Word document, select Bullets Option given above.
02. Click on the arrow besides bullets to see all the available options.
03. Select “✔” check mark option to use it in place of bullets.
04. Click on it to insert one check mark in your document.
05. Now, you can type your first point near the check mark and press enter to add another check mark right below the first.
In this way, you can insert several check marks from bullets option in your documents on Mac computer.
#5. Type Check Mark in HTML
When you are preparing an HTML file, you need to insert some symbols and special characters. The check mark is one of the most used symbol in general documents as well as HTML coding work. Here we provide some short codes (keyboard shortcuts) which you can use to type a check mark in HTML on your Mac system.
|Short Code in HTML||Type of Check Mark||Name of Check Mark|
|U + 2713 (10003)||✓||checkmark|
|U + 2714 (10004)||✔||Fat check mark|
|U + 2611 (9745)||☑||Checked box|
We have explained some easy ways to type a check mark on Mac computer, MacBook and iMac devices. You can use one of the 5 methods to insert a check mark in your document as per your requirements time to time. In case you still have any trouble or query in typing a check mark (or tick mark) on Mac then you can ask us in the comment section.