what if you are a macOS user and want to use Microsoft Teams on Mac can you do that? Of course, Microsoft Teams can be installed and used on Mac. In this article, we are going to show you how you can install and use Microsoft Teams properly on your Mac.
What is the purpose of Microsoft Teams?
You must be wondering what the purpose behind using Microsoft Teams is. Microsoft Teams is a collaboration app built for work so you and your team can Collab with one another anytime. With Microsoft Teams, you can discuss work, stay connected, share documents and also schedule online meetings.
Microsoft Teams is a very versatile app and has recently gained popularity more. It is perfect for the people who work remotely as they can video call or share documents with each other with the help of Microsoft Teams as you don’t have to be physically present.
Here are some requirements you need to install and Use Microsoft Teams on Mac:
- Microsoft Teams for Mac can be downloaded for free from its Microsoft page; to use it you will need a Microsoft account. The basic version of Microsoft Teams is free however, there are also three other versions, which are paid and have added functionality.
- One of the three most recent versions of macOS can only install and use Microsoft Teams. This instruction only applies to Macs with OS X El Capita 10.11 or newer.
- Recommended to use a computer that has a 2.0 GHz processor and 4.0 GB RAM or higher for better experience with video calling and meetings.
How to Install Microsoft Teams on a Mac?
After completing the above-given requirements, you are ready to install Microsoft Teams on your Mac. Follow the given steps to download Microsoft Teams for Mac and install it on your Mac computer:
- First of all, go to the Microsoft Website.
- And click Download for desktop.
- Click on the Download Teams button.
- Then, download the installation .pkg file.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the instructions.
- Once the installation process is completed, proceed to open Teams.
- Microsoft Teams may recognize your account immediately.
- If not, then enter your Admin password to start the installation.
- Microsoft Teams will get installed in a couple of minutes.
- Finally, make sure that the Team works properly or not.
How to Launch Microsoft Teams on Mac:
Now, that you have successfully installed your Microsoft Teams account, there is a chance that some of you don’t know how to launch Microsoft Teams on your Mac. In this portion, we are going to learn how you can open Microsoft Teams on your Mac:
Launching Microsoft Teams on Mac using Finder:
- Click the Finder icon located on the dock, bottom-left side of your Mac.
- Once the Finder window is open, click on the Applications folder on the left side of the panel.
- Now, search for the Microsoft Teams icon from the Application folder and double-click the icon to start the Microsoft Teams application.
Launching Microsoft Teams on Mac using Spotlight:
- On Mac’s upper-right corner, click on the magnifying glass icon.
- Start typing Microsoft Teams in the spotlight search box. You can immediately see results as you type.
- Search for Microsoft Teams in the search results and double-click on it to start the Microsoft Teams.
How can we use Microsoft Teams on Mac?
Microsoft Teams can be installed and used on many devices like Mac, PCs, and mobile devices. How to use Microsoft Teams on a Mac? After launching Microsoft Teams, open the Microsoft Teams, and it will ask you to log in with your Microsoft Teams account.
If you don’t have Microsoft accounts, then you have to create one by visiting the official website of Microsoft Teams. After creating one, enter your mail and password to sign in. After you log in to the account, use all the settings and features of the Microsoft Teams and have fun with them.
With the help of Microsoft Teams, you can create new chats with the people, you can also use Meet which allows you to start and schedule video meetings, and Calendar, this one provides you with an advanced video-call scheduling feature. Let’s see, how to create a new chat and start a video meetings on Microsoft Teams.
How to create a new chat on Microsoft Teams?
- To start a new chat, select Teams on the left side of the app and then go to the Chat tab to the left.
- Then, click the New Chat button to start a new chat.
- Now, use the Find and Invite People button to get an invitation link which you can send to people you want to join the chat.
- Send the invitation link to the people who want to be a part of your chat. Remember that, they need to be signed in with their Microsoft accounts to join your chat.
How to schedule video meetings on Microsoft Teams?
- In the Microsoft Teams, click on the Schedule a meeting icon.
- Then, select Calendar, which is on the left side panel, and then clicks on New meetings.
- A pop-up window will be appear on your Mac.
- Select the date, time, and subject for the meeting.
- Once you are done with scheduling a meeting, click save.
- click save. After that, a pop-up window will close, and choose to send the meeting invitations to all the people.
Microsoft Teams is the game-changer for many people; it is the best tool is available in the market for Mac and every other platform. Installing Microsoft Teams on your Mac is just an easy process. There are many significant benefits to installing and having Microsoft Teams on your Mac. Microsoft Teams helps you to stay connected with the workers and makes the collaboration much easier and good for increasing great time utilization. Overall, Microsoft Teams offers the best modern work tool on the market.