Snapchat is a popular messaging app that allows people to send pictures and videos with amazing filters. Sometimes the Snapchat notifications don’t show up on your iPhone that makes you miss new messages from friends. I will explain the causes and solutions for Snapchat notifications not working on iOS to help you fix the issue.
The Snapchat servers keep the new snaps (pictures/videos) for 24 hours only. If you don’t see the new snaps from your friends within 24 hours, they will disappear. So, you must fix Snapchat notifications not showing on iPhone to stay updated about the new messages, pics, videos, GIF animations you receive from your friends.
How to Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working on iOS/iPhone
When Snapchat notifications stop working on iPhone, you don’t receive any notification, so you may loss all updates from Snapchat. The issue seems difficult but it’s very easy to fix it. Here I provide some simple ways to fix Snapchat notifications not working on iOS/iPhone as follows:
- Check Notification Settings
- Sign Out of Snapchat and Sign In Again
- Enable Background App Refresh
- Check Focus Settings
- Clear Snapchat App Cache
- Update Snapchat App
- Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat
Now, I will explain all methods for fixing Snapchat notification not working on iOS so that you can understand and apply an appropriate method to solve the issue on your iPhone.
01. Check Notification Settings:
The Snapchat notifications aren’t working because of incorrect notification settings on your iPhone. It is possible that you have accidentally disabled several/all notifications in Snapchat app and/or in your iPhone’s notification settings.
You need to follow the steps given below to allow Snapchat to show notifications on notification center and on lock screen.
01. Go to Settings on your iPhone and tap on Notifications tab.
02. Choose Always in Show Previews option.
03. Scroll down and tap on Snapchat.
04. If Allow Notifications toggle is off then tap on it to turn on.
05. Make sure that all notifications/banners options are enabled.
After changing notification settings on your iPhone, you should be able to receive all notifications from Snapchat. In addition, I also suggest you to check Snapchat in-app notification settings to enable notifications and customize as per your needs. To do that, you need to launch Snapchat app on your iPhone/iOS device.
- Launch Snapchat app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Profile icon given at top left corner.
- Then tap on Settings icon at top right corner.
- Find and select Notifications to access in-app notification settings.
- Turn on all notification options and you are done.
After enabling notifications from Snapchat in iPhone settings and from in-app settings, the issue of Snapchat notifications not working on iOS should be fixed. You should get all notifications from your friends on Snapchat right on your iPhone device.
02. Sign Out and Sign In:
When the Snapchat notifications are not working on your iPhone, you can fix it with a simple process. Just sign out of your Snapchat account and sign in again. Yes, you just need to sign out of Snapchat app and sign in again after 5 minutes. Thereafter check if the issue is fixed or not.
03. Enable Background App Refresh:
The background app refresh feature allows Snapchat to run in background and refresh itself to check new messages/snaps. With help of this feature, the Snapchat notifications show up on your iPhone/iOS device even if you don’t open the app too often.
When you don’t see any notification from Snapchat for hours, it is possible that the app is terminated and not running in background. The background app refresh feature is off/disabled for Snapchat on your iPhone. You can enable background app refresh for Snapchat on iPhone or any iOS device with the steps given below.
01. On your iPhone or iOS device, go to Settings.
02. Find and tap on General tab.
03. Now, choose Background App Refresh option to access it.
04. Make sure that the Background App Refresh is enabled, turn it on if not.
05. Scroll down to find Snapchat and tap on the toggle to enable background app refresh for Snapchat.
Once background app refresh is enabled for Snapchat on your iPhone, the Snapchat notifications should show up instantly when someone sends you a snap/message.
04. Check Focus Settings:
The Apple provides Focus Mode on all iPhone devices. The focus mode is very useful for people to avoid distractions while doing important work. The focus mode prevents push notifications from all apps to help you stay focused but it can be the reason for Snapchat notifications not showing on your iPhone.
In order to get Snapchat notifications active again, you need to either disable focus mode or add Snapchat under allowed notifications in Do Not Disturb section.
Steps to Disable Focus Mode on iPhone/iOS Device:
- On your iPhone, swipe down from the top right corner to open Control Center.
- Tap on Focus to see various focus modes such as Do Not Disturb, Personal, Work, Sleep and others.
- Here you should tap on the focus mode that is highlighted.
- As you tap on the highlighted focus mode, it will turn off.
Sometimes you want to stay focused on your work, so you cannot turn off the focus mode on your iPhone. You also want to receive Snapchat notifications at the same time, it is possible by adding Snapchat under allowed notifications. Kindly follow the steps given below to get Snapchat notifications even when focus mode is on/enabled.
01. On your iPhone, go to Settings.
02. Tap on Do Not Disturb mode to see more options.
03. Under the Allowed Notifications tab, tap on Apps.
04. Tap on Add+ option under the Allowed Apps.
05. Scroll down to select Snapchat and tap on Done.
In this way, you can receive Snapchat notifications on your iPhone when focus mode is enabled.
05. Clear Snapchat App Cache:
The Snapchat app gathers some cache to show up previously viewed content on your iPhone device. It saves time by showing pictures and videos without loading them again but too much of app cache can make Snapchat slow and cause app malfunctioning.
You should clear Snapchat app cache to free up some storage space on your iPhone. Clearing app cache also helps Snapchat run smoothly and work properly. You can fix Snapchat notifications not working on iOS issue by clearing app cache and restarting your device.
The Snapchat provides the clear cache option in its app settings, kindly follow the steps given below to clear Snapchat app cache.
01. Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
02. Tap on Profile icon on top left corner.
03. Then tap on Settings icon on top right corner.
04. Scroll down to Account Actions and tap on Clear Cache option.
05. Confirm the action by clicking on clear.
As you clear Snapchat cache, the app will restart/relaunch on your device. Now, the Snapchat notifications not showing/working issue should be fixed.
06. Update Snapchat App:
The developers of Snapchat provides app updates to fix the bugs and add new features for you. The Snapchat on your iOS device should be the latest version otherwise it may malfunction in different ways like app crash or notifications delayed.
You should update Snapchat app to its latest version so that the app run smoothly and you can access its new features. In addition, you can fix the notifications not working problem by updating Snapchat on your iPhone.
07. Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat:
The one last thing you can do is to uninstall and reinstall Snapchat app. This is not essential in most cases. But, the app might face any problems while updating, or maybe other methods didn’t fix the Snapchat notification problem. So, it is better to try uninstalling and reinstalling Snapchat to know if it can fix notifications not working issue.
You should enable all notifications for Snapchat after reinstalling it on your iPhone/iOS device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here I provide some important questions regarding Snapchat notifications on iOS devices. You should go through all FAQs carefully to clear your doubts and understand how Snapchat app works.
Q.1 Why don’t Snapchat notifications show up on my iPhone’s lock screen?
The Snapchat notifications don’t show up on your iPhone’s lock screen because the alerts on lock screen are off/unchecked for Snapchat in Notification Settings of your iPhone.
Q.2 Can I receive Snapchat notifications when focus mode is on?
Yes, you can receive Snapchat notifications when focus mode is on. For that, you need to add Snapchat under Allowed Notifications section in Do Not Disturb settings.
Q.3 Why do I get Snapchat notifications only when I open the app?
You get Snapchat notifications only when you open the app because the background app refresh is disabled for Snapchat on your iPhone. You can enable it in your iPhone’s Settings>General>Background App Refresh and turn on for Snapchat.
To conclude, I hope that these methods have helped you to solve Snapchat notifications not working issue on your iPhone or iOS device. In case you still have any queries then ask me in the comment section, I will answer them shortly.